The latest version of this script can be found on GitHub.
I always loved the widely used WP-Cumulus made by Roy Tanc. This is a widget original made for Wordpress that shows all blog tags or categories. The tags rotate in a 3D circular way when you hover over the container and will slowdown when you hover over one to make it possible to click the tag.
Some of the features are:
- Same features as WP-Cumulus.
- SEO compatible.
- No need for third-party addons.
- Doesn't uses a server.
- Text and images possible.
- Controls available.
- Cross browser. Tested working in all major browsers: Internet Explorer 6 - 8, Firefox 1 - 3.6, Opera 10, Chrome 1 - 5 and Safari 4. It should work with newer browsers and may work with older browsers, no promise until tested.
Place the following code in the head of your page.
A zip archive for this script is available here: js-cumulus-0.2.1.zip (size: 119kb).
The zip archive contains the following files:
version 0.3 Development (soon...):
version 0.2.4 (12/18/0201):
- MOD: clean up;
- FIX: changed HoverStop to procents; 7870a73a3525fd24dcb918aa66dc9a89ced6747e
- version 0.2.3 (12/18/0201):
version 0.2.2 (12/18/0201):
- MOD: clean up;
version 0.2.1 (2/5/2010):
- FIX: fixed bug with manual Animate();
version 0.2 (2/5/2010):
- ADD: default element;
- ADD: running Distribute when element is known;
- ADD: option to override existing html in the given element;
- FIX: small bug in Update;
- FIX: detection of HTML Element;
- FIX: minor memory leaks;
- FIX: recalculated attractor position
- MOD: cleaned up code;
- MOD: reactivate second tagcloud;
- MOD: updated Distribute function;
- MOD: changed tag id declaration;
- MOD: updated documentation;
- MOD: updated example page;
- MOD: changed example to HTML5;
- MOD: improved tag widget example
version 0.1 (1/18/2010):
- Initial release;
Which browsers is this plugin compatible with?
Tested working in Internet Explorer 6 - 8, Firefox 1 - 3.6, Opera 9 & 10, Chrome 1 - 5 and Safari 4. It should work with newer browsers and can work with older browsers, no promise until tested.
Does the plugin work with any other plugins?
There's no build-in support for other plugins.
Is there a VSDoc file available for this plugin?
Yes, there's a VSDoc file available on the download page.
What is VSDoc?
- IDEA: Mouse panning, zooming;
- ADD: Documentation;
- ADD: Z-sorting;
- ADD: Slow down more on tag mouse focus;
- ADD: Calculating the color instead using the Opacity property;
- ADD: Tags from xml;